The ground level - in and out

Anything goes!
Post Reply
User avatar
flighter
Grumpy site admin
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by flighter »

Good afternoon... or, is it evening already? :)
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Very early afternoon :)
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

In for a bit! :heeyy:

A lot of work in the garden today, cutting grass, trees and bushes with no remorse. Replanting tomatoes, a few flowers, sowing some lettuce and radishes, peas and onions. :geek-blush:
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning :heeyy:
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning guys...

:huh:

Where are everyone?
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning me! :heeyy:

Morning! :heeyy:

All good?

Yeah, a bit lonley though... :huh:

I know that feeling :huh:

Anyway, have a good day! :hoho:

You too! :D
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Kiyevanie
Lost
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am
Location: Testing

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Kiyevanie »

Afternoon :)
Image
User avatar
flighter
Grumpy site admin
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by flighter »

Good afternoon, everyone!
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Morning :)
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning guys :heeyy:
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Kiyevanie
Lost
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am
Location: Testing

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Kiyevanie »

Morning :)
Image
User avatar
Nawmtirea
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Nawmtirea »

'Morning.

Been a little too busy to check in lately. Right after the zombie film we redecorated our living room (thank you zombie film, I finally have a fancy display unit worthy of my Neytiri and Jake statues) then we started working on "The Princess Bride - The Movie Experience" for The Secret Sessions Company in Toronto. It's a dinner theatre experience that combines film and theatre together. The food and drinks are all Princess Bride themed, and audience members are encouraged to come dressed as their favourite character from the movie. The movie starts playing on screen like a regular movie screening, then part way through the picture fades out and lights come up on various sets built on the stage and around the theatre, and live actors continue the scene in front of and around the audience, then the lights go out and the film continues on the screen. It goes back and forth this way for the entire movie. We're doing the actor's makeups for Inigo Montoya, the Albino, Miracle Max and Valerie (who have full face foam latex prosthetics to make them look old like in the movie), the Ancient Booer and the Impressive Clergyman for all 7 shows. The shows are so much fun and the audience really gets into it. And they even found a giant actor who looks almost exactly like Andre the Giant, the wrestler that played Fezzic in the movie, and the actors who play Inigo Montoya and Westley even perform the sword fighting scene - left AND right handed.. We did the makeups for this same company last October when they did "Shawn of the Dead" The Movie Experience.
We're looking forward to a little "time off" next week so we can start designing new makeups for the upcoming Halloween season. We've recently made our entire prosthetics line available in 3 different skin tones; light, medium and dark. I think we're the first company to do that, as practically every other prosthetic makeup on the market is caucasion skin colour.

Then maybe we might find some time to catch up on some movies like Solo and The Avengers (and maybe another screening of Avatar).
Image
125 viewings of AVATAR! 13 viewings of ATWOW
User avatar
Nawmtirea
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Nawmtirea »

Good morning!

*hears crickets*
*looks around*

Hmm, can't wait for the next Avatar so that things pick up around here again. I wonder what the next movie will be called, since technically Jake isn't an Avatar any more.
Image
125 viewings of AVATAR! 13 viewings of ATWOW
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Morning :)

*reads*

Hmmm .... I really am and INTJ .... I just can't find the appeal in something like that. Even the thought of this happening in a close proximity to me makes me feel anxious.

Of course there are not ... last year I found a row of videos on youtube about some upcoming product lines that adress darker skin, as the 'nude' look was up. Practically everything 'nude' means 'pale'. I even found out that standard bandaids are meant to be skin-coloured. It never occured to me, ever. Stupid, I know. But I just thought they just looked like that.
So yeah - everything that's like the first to third provider of something skin coloured for non-coucasian skin will sell like hot buns (likely, depends a bit on how many potential customers there are).

Haven't watched any of those. And after reading the summary I do not think, I'll watch Infinity War (plus: I am like 10 movies short of preparation, so ... yeah ... no).


On another note: First day in a new job tomorrow, have to do a lot of stuff today and I feel like mashed potatoes. Yay. :gotcha:
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning :heeyy:
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
flighter
Grumpy site admin
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by flighter »

Even the color of our skin changes. My kids were whiter than me when they were born. Not they are half-way between me and their mother... but the skin complexion fluctuates a lot. Also, wife can't get real sunburns, but kids do get mild sunburns if exposed for too long... The winning combo would be some sort of chameleon bandaids... which would just replicate the complexion of the skin underneath.

On another note... I had a serious verbal confrontation with my boss. He believes it is perfectly normal to come to work at the time set (9am for me), leave at 5pm, do my job (and I agree with all that), but that it is also perfectly normal to pay salaries when he thinks we deserve them (so, according to him, he pays who he wants, leaves others unpaid). I guess in a well developed country for that he would end up behind bars, if not in a psychiatric hospital.
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

I was quite a bit darker when I was little. Now I look washed out. I always explain that's it's like a ballon - the more volume it has the 'thinner' the colour on the outside gets.

Uhm ... no that's capitalism for you. My mom was in more or less the same situation years ago. They wouldn't pay on time and she would never know if and when the money comes and quite regularly they all had to sign papers that they would waive some of their salary to make it easier for the company to pay them. That's called dragged out insolvence and it's sucks a lot.
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Morning :)
User avatar
Kiyevanie
Lost
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am
Location: Testing

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Kiyevanie »

Morning :)

Not paying: I think the employer should really get into hot water for that - usually work is a both-sides agreement: Work against money. If one doesn't keep their part of the agreement he should get in trouble.
I know it happens now and then when a company is about to go down (as there just ain't the money anymore), but not paying just he doesn't feel like it? Guess I wouldn't feel much like working...

I like the idea of skin-tone adjusted makeup and prosthetics, what is strange that you guys are the only ones doing it... especially on the other side of the pond society is so much more colourful than ours.
Image
User avatar
flighter
Grumpy site admin
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by flighter »

Well, screw him. I am applying like crazy... the moment I get some proper contract elsewhere, I am resigning, and will just take contacts from some of the people who are sane... and the lady deputy director, she has some sense, unlike the top boss, she is never disrespectful etc. I got some quite good friends there.

Eh, skin color... I would prefer if humans notice other humans first, rather than their skin color before anything else, be it black, brown, white, yellow-ish, or... blue :D
User avatar
Kiyevanie
Lost
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am
Location: Testing

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Kiyevanie »

Morning :)

Good luck with your applications then - that you'll find a much better job with lots of sane and decent people, especially in upper management (I know - fat chance of that...)

Skin tone: basically I'm with you there, but it IS important when you're looking for a make up product - that better fits.
Image
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Morning :)


Often it's th trivial things. Tights are one ofthose things. Most tights are either black/different stages of grey or 'skin -toned'. Guess who can't wear those. It's indeed a struggle to get 'simple everyday products' for skin tones that are not ... uhm ... let's say scandinavian.

But then again .. those are mostly 'girl problems'.
User avatar
Elyris
Puriter
Posts: 3863
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Elyris »

Morning :)
User avatar
Xacoon
Chief blacksmith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Xacoon »

Morning :heeyy:
When in doubt, run in tiny little circles!
User avatar
Kiyevanie
Lost
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am
Location: Testing

Re: The ground level - in and out

Post by Kiyevanie »

Girl problems: Doesn't make it less relevant.

Afternoon :)
Image
Post Reply