Page 232 of 294

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 pm
by flighter
Morning :D
Thank God it's Saturday morning, I will sleep a bit longer :D

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:48 am
by Elyris
Morning :)

Why you get up to text then? :wtf:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 am
by Elyris
Monday

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 am
by Kiyevanie
Morningf :)

Theory: He hadn't been in bed yet :D

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:00 am
by flighter
Ah, I now work from 5pm till 1-2AM. That explains my very early morning posts :D
Since I work from home, all it takes is to get ready for bed after work and 60 seconds later I am gone. Shutdown complete.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:13 pm
by Elyris
That ... confuses me.
It also sounds pretty unhealthy.

My internet at home is broken - and the way it sounds this might take some time to fix. :whatever:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:41 am
by Elyris
Morning

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Yay - short week. Tomorrow's off, today feels like Friday already.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:08 pm
by Elyris
Indeed.

Also: Es geschehen noch Zeichen und Wunder - the internet is back :D

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm
by flighter
i agree, my sleep pattern is not healthy, but it is even less healthy not to have any money :D
So, we are not complaining.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

@flighter: That's the choice between pestilence and cholera I'd say.

@Elyris: Congrats for working interwebz!

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 am
by Elyris
Morning :)

Impractical, yes, but unhealthy? That's not the word I'd pic kfor lack of money. You are selling you sould and your body and the harsher the circumstances the more life-time you'll loose.

(PS: I am still recommending 'Endgame' by Derrick Jensen.)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:31 am
by Nawmtirea
Elyris wrote: ↑Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 am
Impractical, yes, but unhealthy? That's not the word I'd pic kfor lack of money. You are selling you sould and your body and the harsher the circumstances the more life-time you'll loose.
True, but you're just losing the crappy years at the end of your life, right? :hee:

'Morning.

I also have an unhealthy sleep schedule. 3-4 hours at night after work, wake up at 7:45am to get my daughter up and drive her to school, then maybe another 1-2 hours sleep after I get home and have breakfast. Then this time of year (Aug. to end of October) we're in the workshop almost every other waking hour.

Kiy & Elyris, are either of you going to see Cirque du Soleil TORUK? It's in Germany this month right? I liked how most of the dialogue was in Na'vi, except for The Storyteller who explained everything. Definitely worth seeing just for the technical aspects and the feeling that the Na'vi are actually running around all around you.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Toruk: 1 December here in Frankfurt. Ticket is in the shelf right next to me :D

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:44 pm
by Elyris
Evening :)

I saw Toruk on TV (arte showed it - was pretty cool). I have neither money nor time and - I don't really dig live evets at all (it makes me feell very anxious - fremdschämen, we call it). So I'm good.

Also: The distances between places in the Americas are simply way too much for one to tackle by normal means of transportation( walking or riding your bicycle ... you know the healthier and better-for-the-environment stuff). So yeah ... not much true infrastructure here.

Did you ever considered that the 'crappy years at the end of your life' are crappy because you treated yourself so badly before it was apparent that it's really taking a toll?

Anyway: My debit card is bleeding today. But stuff that has to ba done has to be done as long as it can be done.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:27 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

@Elyris: sounds like a shopping spree... more furniture?

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:08 am
by Elyris
Morning :)

Indeed. A bit of small stuff for me and 3 bigger furniture oieces for my mom (the stuff in my old room is about 20 to 23 years old now and wasn't the best imaginable to begin with , so .. yeah).
I know it's Friday and all of those who have to work like it, but I really wish I had one day more (so I can actually relax for one day and work on the other). *sigh* Seems there's never enough time.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:05 am
by Nawmtirea
Elyris wrote: ↑Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:44 pm Evening :)

I saw Toruk on TV (arte showed it - was pretty cool). I have neither money nor time and - I don't really dig live evets at all (it makes me feell very anxious - fremdschämen, we call it). So I'm good.
'Morning.

Atokirina and I saw that broadcast on TV when we were visiting in Eindhoven. The broadcast was underwhelming compared to seeing it live, with the "Na'vi" running up the isles and that giant Toruk flying through the stadium. The technical sophistication is breathtaking when you're seeing it live in front of you. That's what I love about live shows. It was the closest thing to being on Pandora until we actually went to Disney's Pandora. My daughter has anxiety and hates crowds too, so she doesn't like going to live events either.

Hmm, I almost can't wait for Halloween to be over so we can have time to watch Avatar again. We have another friend who has still never seen the movie, and that's just not acceptable, so we're having her over next month to be converted.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm
by Elyris
*shurgs* I feel much better with watching stuff (and also listening to sutff) 'third hand'.

I still wonder how the lives of people with friends are. I just can really fathom. It's getting weirder the older I get.

Anyone remembers this?


Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm
by Kiyevanie
Hey, I grew up in the 80s. Of course I remember :)

@Nawm: yeah, show that friend the path to the light.... the bioluminescent light :D

Afternoon :)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Monday after a bad night. Jeez, I'm tired... :sleep:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:27 am
by Elyris
Morning :)
Bad nights ... ah, yeah. - sounds familiar.
Had to go to the doctor today - again. This is really annoying.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:59 am
by Elyris
Morning

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 am
by Elyris
Morning - how can you get yourself to smile this early in the morning ? I can barely find my face.