Page 228 of 294

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 pm
by Kiyevanie
Afternoon :)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:23 pm
by Elyris
Home! :D

I just wish it were friday :gotcha:


How was your week everyone? (In addition to everything else I ate waaaay too much and now my digestion tract is rather upset as is my back because for reasons the ride on the train turned out to be .... a bit more acrobatic than I hoped it would be.)

@flighter: I moved out from my mom last summer, but I am very reagularly there and spent the biggeer part of the last month there as she had to work two jobs and needed some help (as well as a cat-sitter).

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:43 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Well, my week has been short and quiet and luckily not much to do at work so I could recover from my week of vacation :D

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:42 am
by Elyris
Hallo :)

Lucky you then.

Did I mention that hte doors to the toilet stalls at the Hilton were made out of glass? Satinised, not directly see-through, sure, but still you could clearly tell whether someone was inside our outside. Who thought this was a good design?

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Toilet stalls: What the...??? What did those people smoke out there? And where can I get some?
That's definitely more than weird and not a good design idea. Ew.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:02 am
by Elyris
Morning :)

Yeah .. no.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:30 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 pm
by flighter
FFS!!! They could as well put the cameras and connect to the screens in the lobby. Well, not really. I consider myself quite open-minded, but even semi-transparent doors at the loo ... Someone got a pack of weed laced with LSD.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:21 am
by Elyris
Morning :)

What's with all those drug analogies? :huh:

Sometimes people are just stupid and at the same time so full of themselves that they won't even consider thinking twice about their ideas. (They're also often found in positions of higher decision making.)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)

Drug analogies: Being full of yourself is one thing, but to reach this level there has to be something weird going on upstairs.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 pm
by Elyris
Architects, managers, milennial-hipsters and 'SJWs' ?

There are plenty of people nuts enough to come up with something like that and delusional enough to not see the problem running around nowadays.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:01 pm
by flighter
it's like designing clothes absolutely impossible to wear on the street. The idea behind is to make something as outrageous as possible, nobody cares about if anyone is going to use it or not. marketing? Usefulness? Who cares.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:16 am
by Elyris
Morning

The thing wiht clothes is: sometimes I can see that there is the thought of 'art' behind it. It's a concept and not always meant to be wearable. But even when it comes to from-the-rack pieces they're more often than not not only not well made but also not thought through and thus will look bad on practically everyone.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:09 pm
by Xacoon
Oh yes, clothes that are designed to show as much as possible of a woman's body and when someone looks at them they scream "stop looking at me you perv!"
Uhm... what!? :huh:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:51 am
by Elyris
Morning

But why? Why is this made and why do people wear it? Clothes do have some functions to them and making you look somehow even more naked as if you were naked is surely not one of them.
Yesterday I saw a girl at the post office wearing some hotpants that were cut so high on the legs it would've been more dignifying to wear a bikini panties. This is ridiculous.

It's still not nice to stare too much.

But as you do this let me ask you: how much in professional prostitution direction does one have to go/how does one have to look that males look with physical interest ? It's still an enigma to me. I don't understand the mechanis and underlying rules. It's just weird.


@Nawm: When you read this: How come we didn't go to get us some poutine back when we were in Canada? :geek:

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 am
by Xacoon
Morning :heeyy:

I can understand that you get mad if someone just stare at you :geek: But if a guy just glance at you, don't be so upset about it! For crying out loud, it's in our nature to look for a potential mate. And it's not specific to humans as most animals on this earth does this.
And don't deny that you girls look a little extra on a hot guy walking past you. ;)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am
by Elyris
???

There are no 'hot guys' here (at least I think so). Also most men ... smell. I am scanning from time to time for potential donors, but not with any enthusiasm. And I never see anything worthwhile.
Humans in general are rather ... unattractive - like practically all hairless mammals.



I wonder why there are not selling it here.

Image

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:50 am
by Kiyevanie
Afternoon :)

Back home after a quite adventurous business trip... nothing like standing past 7 am on the airport, waiting for your plane to board... to get told that the flight just got cancelled :geek:
At least the airline paid a nice hotel for me (including dinner and breakfast) and I'll get back the money for toiletries - of course with the plan being "go there in the morning, fly home in the evening" I had nothing else along than me and my handbag. No toothbrush, no replacement clothes, no hairbrush, no whatever you name it.

And then, finally home, standing in front of my house I realized that I had left my keys in the car of the friend who drove me to the airport yesterday morning and was supposed to pick me up in the evening. Yay!

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:38 pm
by Elyris
WHOA :omgg:

Sounds fantastic! :geek:

I think no one here get's paid enough money to make up for the loss of nerves and life-time with such things.
The thought of having to fly twice a day just for something like that - ugh (I think flying is the most uncomfortble and annoying form of travel I experienced.)

At least you made it through more or less unscathed and wit heverything still there. One woman in the seminar group I attended during my buiseness trip had had her luggage stolen on the train. She had only her hadnbag left and said she was very lucky to have carried the work laptop in her handbag.
Good luck on getting any compensation for that.

This is also why I always (always) have a foldable travel toothbrush, some essential meds and a pair of undies in my handbag - you can never know. ( I should upgrade to some basic cream and a small perfume flask, thinking about it.)

At least it's Friday and the weekend is ahead.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 pm
by Elyris
Add: Have something cuddly and cute that makes you feel all fuzzy and warm inside


Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:54 am
by Kiyevanie
Morning :)
Yeah, I was quite done when I was home, but as you said: The people at the Lufthansa counter were quite friendly once I got there (took me some time to realize that I actually had to leave the security area again to get some information), gave me the hotel voucher even without me asking for it and even were cooperating about what time in the morning I wanted to go back. And as they don't have those overnight-kits anymore the guy said I can hand in all the receipes for what I needed for the night and next morning, so I headed for the EDEKA there and bought the most necessary things. I was lucky that I didn't need any special meds or something, cause the pharmacy was already closed. So I came out of the whole thing more or less unscathed - after a good night's sleep in a comfy hotel, nice dinner and breakfast and so on. It still messed up my whole scheduling...

Cause of course on Saturday morning at 7 "my" crafters were starting to work again in front of my bedroom window. That much for sleeping in :-/
So I fell into bed yesterday at 9:30 or something, dead on my feet. That's why I'm up on a Sunday that early. Huh.

Otter: Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:46 am
by Elyris
Monday

3 hours of sleep, a full work day and grandpas birthday celebration in the afternoon ... *sigh*

Nice of them. Then again - it's Lufthansa. I don't think my employer would pay for them (we have a Reiserichtlinie stating exactly how much everything can cost at maximum, how far away a hotel can be from the place you have to be and so on).

I alwayys wonder if tribes ever had to live through such elongated phases of sleep deprival (my guess is: no).

Tiny tiny hands.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 pm
by Kiyevanie
Oh, we have those travel restrictions too - I had to take the cheapest flight. And per chance this was Lufthansa. Could have been someone else as well, so I got lucky.

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 pm
by flighter
Most of you know that my dear wife is an African. A good looking and as brown as chocolate. Well, we live in a predominantly Caucasian country. The majority of people have a good upbringing, but some do not (and some are even filthy racist a$$holes). Some people just stare at her because she is... different. Not because she is wearing torn clothes, not because her hair is scattered, not because, whatever... but because she is different. So what she does, unless that person looks threatening, is to stare back at them or greets them in addition to that. In 99% of cases they get confuzzled and either stop staring at her or return the greeting and start behaving properly. So who is the winner in such situations? :)

Re: The ground level - in and out

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:53 am
by Elyris
Morning

I'm tired.

@Kiy: Lucky then, indeed.

@flighter: Dunno. I've been stared at my whole life and still am (in parts even more since more non white people are running around here). I have been raised to stay polite as anything elde would've been seen as bad upbringing. meaning: don't react, don't say a thing, don't look back, don't talk back. Be completely inactive. ..... It's hard not being able to defend yourself. I have veryy little contact wiht other humans.