Page 7 of 22
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:29 am
by Elyris
If I would be cynical I would say you can alway try to stick with a parrot, but I don't think that this is really an answer. It's not fair. Why can't cats and dogs get at least like 30 years old?
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 am
by Kiyevanie
Yeah, or turtles... but that's indeed not an answer.
I don't know if 30 years were enough - they still wouldn't keep up with the rest of the family.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:48 pm
by Xacoon
It all depends on what type off breed the animal is. There are some many different kinds today that doesn't get older than 12 years. My big cat though, is a breed of a wild cat and therefor his breed gets around 18-25 years old.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:40 pm
by Kiyevanie
Maybe it depends on how close they are to nature? There's a thing called "overbred".
The cat my family had when I was a kid grew to get 21 years old. She's been a completely ordinary tigerstriped housecat, born in a farmer's litter with a probably very mixed heritage. She was small, but sure had a wild streak to her character, a good part of her diet were selfe-caught mice and probably birds (although we didn't see those).
She had a happy life and I miss her.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:31 pm
by Kiyevanie
[start rant]
This freakin, darn soccer/football worldcup crap that's going on right now. Not only that you just can't escape it... first thing in the morning, switching on the radio: Football. Opening the news site: Football. Grocery store: Football decorations everywhere. Heading to the cafeteria for a coffee: Everything's decorated with little flags, the employees wear "funny" football hats... gaaah! [insert long string of colourful language and four-letter-words here]
No, I totally missed out on the fact that the German team is playing right now (I hope they lose - then it might be over soon!) and tried to head home from the office at my usual time. Emphasis on "tried" here. What usually takes me 15 minutes now took me full FIFTY minutes cause every skxawng and their little sister were trying to get home in time to watch that *beep* game.
Now I'm sitting here, radio off (cause: football again) and wonder how I'm gonna survive the next four weeks...
Seriously - I'd let all those people have their fun with that event - if they'd just leave me f***cking alone with it. And nobody, literally nobody understands when I'm saying "I'm not interested at all, it's boring and bugs me to no end, I'm just glad when it's finally over."
Usually they say "But it's world championship and the German team is playing - don't you cheer for the German team?" No, I don't.
Gaaaah!
[end rant]
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:30 am
by Elyris
Haha - ohje. I feel for you though - it's like how I feel with all the things 'normal' people claim to have fun with (parties 'n stuff). And yes: all that 'enthusiasm' is getting completely out of hand, less would be sufficient (and of course there are other things of higher importance that should be the first of the news).
I like to watch football though (also because it is a nice change to the usually totally crappy program).
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:43 am
by flighter
Hey girls, should we open FOOTBALL section here too?

Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am
by Elyris
I wouldn't mind.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 am
by flighter
I was just... joking

Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:11 pm
by Kiyevanie
.... gaaah ...
(yeah, first symptoms are showing

)
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:48 am
by ManagerSelfridge
Sorry to hear that, Kiy. I'm not much into the football thing either. But, Google in the US has changed their webpage everyday to match the day's football lineup.
Annoying: Looking for a job as a legal secretary, but the job requirements want at least a certain number of years of experience.. I'm gonna apply anyway, see what happens.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 am
by Kiyevanie
Parker - I hear ya, been there myself when I started working.
Everyone wanted people with working experience, but nobody was ready to give newbies the chance to gather said experience...
Good luck!
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:50 pm
by Xacoon
And that's the reason why Sweden have over 450 000 young people (18-25yo) that goes around with no work....
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:02 am
by flighter
Vacancy:
A programmer, not older than 30, with at least 50 years experience!
Oh yes, he or she must fluently speak 4 languages, can program in additional 7 programming languages, must know network administration, intel CPU microcode etc.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:17 pm
by Kiyevanie
You forgot to mention that said person has to prove their skills first by working a few weeks without salary... and when they're lucky said salary will be high enough just to get around with the basic needs. Included are working overtime, weekend work, frequent travels...
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 pm
by Elyris
This is all completely nuts.
We are surely living in dark ages.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:52 am
by Xacoon
So I am in a bad mood today!
A few days ago I ordered a new fishing rod and a few leaders from a well known store here in Sweden. I've ordered a few things from them before and have been pretty happy with them ...untill now. I got the package today and I find only the fishing rod inside, no leaders
Ok, no big deal, maybe they'll sent them later as they might be out of stock atm.
So I pick up the rod and put it together only to find out there is a major flaw on the top section of it. One of the guides is way off center and will affect the performance of the rod in action.
Just called them but I can't get a hold of them...

Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 pm
by Tsatu
I hope you got that straightened out, as that's worthless otherwise.
I myself will likely be opening a conflict case on eBay because I ordered an item which really doesn't match the description. The item was some paper money that I hoped to add to a collection I've had for some time, and though this was sold as uncirculated both items were discolored and had some folds, so I don't think they really are. I was going to return it for a refund but the postage (transatlantic) was going to cost more than I paid.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 pm
by Elyris
I forgot my keys for work at home today and didn't noticed until I was already half on my way from the parking lot to the front door, so I had to go back to the car, drive back home, get the keys and drive to work again. Yeah

Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 pm
by Tsatu
How long is the commute? Either way it was obviously a disturbance.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:42 pm
by Elyris
20 to 25 mins depending of time of the day (traffic, traffic lights on or off etc.)
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:59 pm
by Kiyevanie
Makes one hour, all in all... ugh.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 pm
by Tsatu
Not the worst commute, but doing it over is pretty annoying I'm sure.
Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:22 pm
by Kiyevanie
Something's wrong with the plumbing of my kitchen sink. Again. Seems the first time I tried to fix it didn't work out right. Don't you love it to come home after a long, sucking work day just to find that certain smell in your kitchen... and then spend a full hour to do some emergency fixing and realizing that you probably need a whole set of new plumbing? Including a friend to help setting it up?

Re: A real pain in the txim and handling zombies thread...
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:09 pm
by Elyris